Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm a Rhinestone Cowboy

I saw a link to a video contest to win Burt Reynolds Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit. I thought that would be fun. I got online and I bought a mustache and a cowboy hat (the after Halloween sales were pretty good). I paid extra on shipping to make sure it came before Thanksgiving. The contest deadline is the end of November, so I wanted to take advantage of the long weekend.

Well this is what I got. I think I look just like the Bandit!

After getting off the phone with customer service and discovering that there was nothing I could do to get a new hat in time I cut off the sequins and then spray painted it tan. The close up shot shows how poorly the hat took the paint.

So I tried some sandpaper and then some dirt to smooth things out a bit.

I used the c clamp to stretch it to fit bit better.

I then I took the band that I made for my Indiana Jones hat and there we have it! I posted the video to the contest site this morning and am waiting on approval to be able to share it with the world.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute guy you are! I mean handsome!@!!

Scrap Happy said...

Couldn't you just have gone to Shepler's? Really?

spencer said...

Shepler's? I got online and bought that hat for 5 bucks. It's just going to get abused, so it's my "stunt" hat.